Tuesday, March 08, 2005

God Doesn't Make Mistakes

I believe this to be true. These words encouraged my heart as I stumbled upon them while skimming a message board today. God didn't make a mistake when he made my Alex. It isn't a mistake that he has Apraxia. I needed to hear those words today, and maybe you do too. Still, it isn't always easy to accept, and to deal with on a daily basis. This is when I turn to my faith. As I turned my desktop calendar to today's date, the scripture spoke loudly to me. "For You created my inmost being; You knit me together in my mother's womb. I praise You because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; Your works are wonderful, I know that full well." - Psalm 139:13-14 NIV Once again, proof that my little Alex is made by the fingertips of God to be exactly who he is. Tonight, I'm going to a Christian contemporary/rock concert with artists Barlow Girl. Barlow Girl Some days this "journey" with Alex feels so lonely. Barlow Girl's top hit "Never Alone" reminds me that when I don't always FEEL God's presence, I'll hold on to what I KNOW from His scriptures... He's here, and I'm never alone. And, neither are you. Today is just a piece of Alex's puzzle. God sees the "big picture" of his life, the puzzle completed, and I know that it is beautiful. I hope that somehow as you're reading, possibly a parent of a child with special needs, that your heart will be encouraged by these words just as mine was today.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Definitely needed to hear that today! Thank God for you sharing your journey and helping others.