Wednesday, March 16, 2005

Fun Therapy

I let Alex stay home from school today. His allergies are acting up and it's just causing him to feel yucky overall. Mornings are always the worst, but as the day went on, he was fine. I'll send him tomorrow. It's picture day. His first school picture!

Alex's former speech therapist called me recently to recommend something fun for Alex's therapies. It's a cassette/CD by Discovery Toys called Sounds Like Fun. Discovery Toys I had not heard of this before, but from what she described it is words being sounded out with a classical music background. I prayed to find this at a good price, and I did! What a blessing! I cannot wait to get the tape in the mail and see what it's all about. We still have a tape player in the car so I figured the kids would love to listen to this as we're running errands or going to school.

Another great tool for therapies that was recommended to me is the Baby Bumblebee videos. Baby Bumblebee We got the first vocabulary builder off of eBay. Alex loves it, especially since the first vocab word is TRAIN! Baby Math is a fun one too and Alex loves the counting part. He wants to stand right in front of the TV and point to each one as they are counting... and he'll say "uh, eew, eee, or, eye". LOL We were so blessed to find this one in great shape for just a buck at the Goodwill! The Lord provides, and he's going to help me take care of my little guy!

No comments: