Thursday, April 21, 2005

Mama's So Proud

When I picked Alex up from preschool today, his teacher asked Alex to show "mama" this or that. I kind of got tickled because she was so excited about whatever she was going to ask him to do. She said, "Alex, how do you spell your name?" I can't imagine the look I must have given her, but then much to my surprise Alex began to say... "A - L - E - (keh) for X" I cannot express how delighted I was to hear him spell his name all on his own. I must have squealed with excitement because all of the kids looked at me. She then asked Alex to walk toward her and he did. She asked him to walk away from her, and forward and backwards, and he did it perfectly. I'm so proud of my boy! Ok, so I'm beginning to think this has got to be more than just a "spurt".

No comments: