Monday, April 25, 2005

Easy Does It for Apraxia

I am very excited that I received our apraxia materials today in the mail that I ordered off eBay. They are called "Easy Does It for Apraxia" Preschool and the program is designed for children ages 2 through 6. I've heard wonderful things about this program and I hope that it is manageable for me to do at home with Alex. It comes with two workbooks... one is a Therapy Manual and one is a Materials Book. Alex got so excited when he saw the books. There is a theme througout of a turtle which symbolizes slow, easy speech and steady progress. The book stresses that DAILY practice is critical for consistent progress. Yikes, I have my work cut out for me. But, it looks like a load of fun too. Until Sarah is in Kindergarten this fall it may be a bit harder to incorporate the one-on-one time I need with Alex, although having her participate as well might encourage him to join in. She usually just winds up speaking FOR him. We're working on that. I'll update on the program as we get into it... how Alex participates, any progress he makes, and how we like the program. This program is by LinguiSystems by Robin Strode and Catherine Chamberlain, and can be found at LinguiSystems website www.linguisystems.com or more specifically Easy Does It for Apraxia - Preschool. I would love to hear from anyone who has used this program before and what their experiences were. Feel free to comment or email me.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

My son has apraxia also. He is 6 years old. I really like your blog. It is very informative!! Thank you!

Megan Pinkerton said...

How did this go?

Megan Pinkerton said...

How did this go?