Friday, May 13, 2005

Shape Smart!

I am just amazed sometimes how much Alex knows when we figure out a way for him to show it other than through speech. I've really been trying hard lately to do some "homeschooling" with Alex. Today one of the things we worked on was shape recognition. I took some colored paper shapes and glued them to index cards. I laid them all out on a table and asked Alex to find the card that had the "three - red - rectangles" or the "two - yellow - triangles." There must have been fifteen or more cards, and I was amazed that he got every single one of them correct! He was using three concepts at the same time: colors, shapes, and numbers. I am so proud of my boy. I just wanted to share. I would also like to point out that I have shared some of our favorite websites in the links sections in the left column. Some are links to fun interactive learning for the kids to do and some are great sites for parents to use for homeschooling and home therapy with lots of free printables. Check them out!

No comments: