Tuesday, February 22, 2005

First Day of Preschool

Finally, all better... Alex was ready and excited about his first day of preschool! When we got to school, his teacher met us at the door and Alex ran right on in smiling. He took a good look around the room and said "Woooooooow!" I was so excited to see his excitement! He ran right over to play with the other children. We got settled in and I got a few questions answered when I felt like it was time for me to go. He was doing just fine. I told Alex to have a good day and that I'd be back later and he said "ank ewe, bye!" I was so proud that my boy adjusted so well, and so quickly. In just the half hour that I was there, the teacher noticed and mentioned that Alex has a "shaking" thing going on with his hands. I guess because I'm around him so much I don't notice, but his speech therapist mentioned this at an earlier time as well. I don't know what this means, necessarily... maybe it was his excitement. The speech therapist said she notices the shake when he does something fine motor. His progress report from today said that he had a great day. He was very active and happy, and did extremely well participating in circle time (staying seated with the group). He had speech therapy today. He also had three successful attempts at the potty! Alex is going on two weeks now and no diapers! Yay! I couldn't be happier with Alex's first day of preschool. I think he's going to love it there. Now, on to the next concern... how much progress will he make? Right now we are seeing a little more spontaneous speech from Alex. I've noticed especially the last few days. If he kicks a balloon around, it's "ki(ck)". If he's cold, it's "ode"... and if it's loud, it's "woud". These are words he's using on his own. Yay! He's also recently discovered that instead of dragging mama all around the house to do what he wants, he can hollar "Maaaaa!" and she'll come to him! LOL Pretty close to mama, right? (smile)

No comments: