Thursday, February 17, 2005

Party? Pooped!

The streamers still hang, and the cake is still untouched. What a long week this has been. Alex's fever broke, but he couldn't stop throwing up. He couldn't keep his medicine down, and I feared dehydration. He went back to the doctor yesterday. They gave us a new antibiotic that should be easier on his stomach, and a prescription to help with the nausea. The doctor said he would sleep. He slept from the time we got home around 1 PM until 8 AM this morning! When he got up this morning, he seemed to feel much better. I thought it was over (again) and yet again, he's curled up in the bed, whining and rubbing his tummy. I gave him another dose of the medication. I suppose he'll rest again tonight. I miss my baby! He did have some crackers and gatorade today which he kept down, and had a good bath. I felt better because he felt better. I want this to be over. I'm emotionally exhausted. Alex missed his entire first week of preschool. This morning we took Sarah to her preschool, which is usually when Alex goes to school too, so as we were heading out the door he grabbed his Thomas the Train backpack like he was ready to go too! What a cutie! He was perfectly content to stay home today with mama and play with his trains! I hope tomorrow is better...

No comments: