Tuesday, February 15, 2005

Birthday Boy

It's early in the AM, and Alex is feeling some better. I feel like we missed his birthday yesterday, since we spent the afternoon at the doctor's office instead of celebrating at Chuck E. Cheese as planned. Alex has the flu. Poor baby, on his own birthday! He also has a double ear infection... first infections since the tubes at one year old. He's been throwing up since yesterday afternoon, until just after midnight. He slept most of the day yesterday and when he was awake, he only laid around pale and weak. His Dad and I got him a Thomas the Train battery operated train set for his birthday present. It was the only thing that brought a smile to his face yesterday. He laid on the floor and watched that train go round' and round'. Upon waking early this morning, the first thing I heard from him was "woo-woo?" He wanted his trains! He's feeling better this morning, but unfortunately he'll have to be on the antibiotics for 48 hours before he can go to school, so he will miss his first two days of preschool. He hasn't been able to keep the medicine down at this point. Depending on how he's feeling, we'll probably spend Wednesday evening celebrating his birthday. My boy is so sweet. As I would lay next to him cuddling and rubbing his back, I would whisper, "I love you" and I could hear him whisper back "I uh ooh too".

No comments: