Wednesday, December 14, 2005

He can say his name!

Since the day Alex was born, he has been affectionately called "Bubba" by his big sister as well as all of my family and my husband's family. Ok, so I've been quite guilty of this myself. I've even caught myself saying "Bubba (last name)!" when he was in trouble. Yeah, this is definitely a story for the baby book. Anyway, just after his third birthday Alex quickly learned how to spell his name by sight, by spelling it out loud "Ay, El, Eee, Kek" and even writing it since just after his third birthday. However, just after he would spell his name, he would say "Bubba" as if that is what he just spelled. I get so tickled at him. Even though Alex can spell his name easily, he has struggled with putting the sounds together to say his own name. I asked Alex again what his name was yesterday and to my surprise he answered, (concentrating) "Ah-ul-eh" ... the "x" is still a struggle, but the other sounds blended so well together. I was so excited. What an accomplishment for my little guy! Yay! He can say his name! We will continue to work on saying his name as he also learns to say Sarah, and Daddy as well.

No comments: